Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Balvenie 15 Year Single Barrel

About: This is a single barrel whisky, which is rare for Scotch. Mine was casked on the 12th of January , 1994 and bottled the 13th of January 2009. Is the year designation always that literal? Take note of (oak) cask number 34.

Year Sampled: 2010

Color: Bronze

Nose: A cord of logs, tropical fruits, cider, paprika, lush meadow, honey, after a spring rain. Vanilla. When something smells this good I'm hesitant to drink it.

Palate: Green grapes, rosewater, orange peel or perhaps lemon peel, medium viscosity.

Finish: Sour sides of tongue, tip of tongue tinge, Buttery down the throat smooth. Long and lingering.

Overall: Damn good! I can't think of anything to compare it to except Talisker only better, which seems outrageous. Beacuse it is a single barrel, I keep my fingers crossed that the next one I buy (soon I hope!) will be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment